Download Kik for PC/ Kik Messenger – Kik is an instant messaging app for smart phones. The application is available free of charge on most of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 8 operating systems. Kik Messenger is similar to BlackBerry’s Messenger, and iPhone’s iMessage.
Kik was founded in 2009, by a small group of University of Waterloo students who decided to build a company that would shift the center of computing from the PC to the smart phone. A beta version of Kik Messenger came out in April 2010. Kik Interactive released Kik Messenger on October 19, 2010. The launch of the app went viral and reached one million user registrations within a fortnight.
Kik Messenger is special. Although it is quite similar to others, it also has a certain je sais quoi. It comes with a built in browser and is totally free. The redeeming part of the Kik browser is that it allows opening its current address with your regular browser app.
Download Kik for PC, Laptop – Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac
Kik Messenger is a stable, simple and fast chat tool that almost every Smartphone user has experienced. Using Kik you can send text, images, video, smiley’s, sketches and many more.
Unlike other messengers, Kik uses usernames – not phone numbers – as the basis for Kik accounts, so users are always in complete control of who they talk to on Kik. It can still read your contact list though.
But Kik isn’t just about users chatting with their friends. Its marketing tools let brands talk to and share cool content with the users, and track the results. The developer tools help developers optimize and distribute their web content on Kik. And the built-in browser lets Kik users search for and share cool content and experiences – without leaving Kik, and without downloading anything new.
To top it all off, Kik is backed by major brand-name VC’s – the same firms that first helped Twitter, Foursquare, Zynga and others rise to world domination.
Recently, Kik has introduced ‘Kik Cards’ that comes with HTML5 features that allow you to search and send Youtube videos, Reddit images and many more without any additional download.
The absolute best part of Kik Messenger is the add-ons. Made by a growing tribe of enthusiastic developers, these add-ons are legion, and range from marginally useful to corny. Do you want to doodle while chatting? No problem. Would you like to deliver your witty lines as customized internet memes? Perhaps you would like to guide Flappy Bird through the Mushroom Kingdom again. It’s already covered. There are also add-ons that allow you to chat with strangers and a way to share pictures with a display timer if you want to avoid them becoming viral. This add-on extravaganza can be accessed by tapping “More”, and is a sure way to forget that Kik Messenger is primarily a messenger.
Leaving direct comparisons behind, it’s time to see how Kik Messenger stands up on its own. The big thing it prides itself with is that it carries a browser in its innards. The main reason for including one is that you no longer have to minimize the app to view a web page. Imagine how much time is saved by not pressing the home button a couple of times! It is truly a marriage between reason and technology. Regarding its features, unfortunately Kik’s browser is at the fetus level. It has absolutely nothing more than a share to conversation button and an address bar. Sharing with the button does confer the link a better treatment than if it would be supplied raw. Instead of an underlined text sausage, the page is presented in a clean frame with a title.
Kik for PC Features:
- Built in browser – You can share addresses directly into conversations
- Add-ons – An already impressive and diverse add-on library
- Typing notifications – It tells you when others are typing so you can keep calm and wait
Kik for PC Pros:
- It’s Free! Unlike WhatsApp, Kik will never charge you or ask for a paid subscription.
- It has a huge library of add-ons. It has enough silly things that you probably won’t get bored soon (if you enjoy them that is)
- Using the built in browser is more comfortable than not having it. Admitted it isn’t much but it is quite comfortable for checking a picture link for example.
Check Out : Line for PC
Kik for PC – Cons:
- The browser, although functional, is extremely basic
Kik was originally founded for ‘smartphone communication only’ but its instant popularity gave rise to millions of people wanting to use it on their personal computers and laptops. There has been no official release of this incredible application for computers; hence users will need to follow the tweaks and tricks to download it on to their PC’s. You’ll need to use an Android emulator such as Bluestacks.
Step to Download Kik messenger on Mac or Windows Os PC
Please follow the steps given below to install Kik on your desktop or laptop. Please make sure that you have required things and all setup before following the steps given here.
- Since there is no official package available for PC, we first need to install emulator on computer that will help us to find the mobile application file and which we’ll install.
- So first of all you need to download Android emulator like Youwave or BlueStacks.
- Head over the zip or rar file and extract that on your PC. Check the readme.txt file to install emulator. Mostly package comes with executable file which you need to install with one click.
- After successfully installing tap to it icon and open emulator and search for “Kik Messenger” app.
- You’ll see the list showing Android app, simply click install button and wait for a while to complete the installation process.
- Head up and click the Kik Messenger icon created on Pc and sign in with your credential to start using their awesome features from your Mac and Windows operating system. At the time of using it, make sure that you have sufficient memory and environment for running that task.